Remember where you were when you last heard...
Our service was started because at weddings and events we noticed that frequently younger DJs play music they like, and far too loud - which sends older guests scurrying outside or they go home early to escape the noise, concussion, and contemporary "music." Few were dancing. It seems the only ones having a good time at parties these days are the D.J. and a few soon-to-be hearing impaired teens. Hey, nothing wrong with that. That's good fun and very popular if you are a teen or a twenty-something...
But...what about the REST of us?
We created "Da Spin Doctor" ©® to do just the opposite - and for the rest of us who enjoy the music of our lives!
DJ-ing started on the radio, and Professor Bob can take you "back to the future." We share the best music from NOW plus the 1940's, 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's.
Da Spin Doctor plays it the way it was originally performed, and as loudly or as softly as YOU want it - before, during, and after your food & beverage service.
Delectable and digestible dinner music? Yum, yum!
Dance music? You bet! Rock & Roll? Oh ya, baby!
We do our best to accommodate your requests.
We don't play "dirty" hip hop or "cop killer" rap, and we only "scratch"
when we are itchy!
No "mash ups, mushing, cut ups," or other alterations to the music you love!
So, what DO you play?
The very latest LEGAL 'radio edit'
Top 40, Pop, Urban,
Top Country, and
Top Dance Club music, updated every month by 'Prime Cuts' Pro DJ Music Services.
Of course, most DJs have the latest tunes.
So, what makes Da Spin Doctor different from the rest?
- Classic and contemporary Hawai'ian
- Classic Reggae & Ska
- Classic Country & Line Dancing
- Salsa & Cuban - hot, Hot, HOT !
- Sing Along Fun - Mitch Miller, Barbershop, Karaoke
- "The Great American Songbook"
If you want more than music, Professor Bob will make sure that you and your guests are entertained and have fun with M.C. services including announcements, games, and contests.
Dance contests include Jitterbug, Cha Cha, Twist, Chicken Dance, Polka, Line dancing, Macarena, Limbo.
Other fun contest and game stuff - Hula Hoop, Name the Tune, Twister, College of Musical Knowledge Trivia, & lots more memories and fun!
Our company is based on the belief that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance. We are committed to meeting those needs. As a result, a high percentage of our business is from repeat customers and referrals. We would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver to you the best service in the industry.
Our unique personal qualifications:
- 12 years musical training and performance, 1st chair "Concert Master"
- Bachelor's degree in Communications
- Master's degree in Business Administration
- 7 years of professional theater experience including extensive directing, staging, stage management, sound, and lighting design in more than 2200 live theater performances
- 23 years of University level teaching experience in lighting, camera, audio, directing, script writing, audio visual engineering, location and studio production
- 43 years in professional show business including five radio stations and four TV stations
- A weekly S. California radio audience in excess of 250,000 listeners
- Over 40+ years in show business, we have NEVER missed a performance!
Call Us: 808-271-4493
or email on the "Contact Us" page...
Music was my first love
And it will be my last
Music of the future
And music of the past
To live without my music
Would be impossible to do
In this world of troubles
My music pulls me through
- John Miles